Payouts refer to refund and settlement. Refund is made to the buyer when there is a rejection or cancelation of the order. However, settlement of commission and product amount is made to sellers and their service providers respectively, when the buyer accepts an order. Settlement of cancellation fee is also made to sellers and their service providers when the order is rejected for specific reasons selected on the app or cancelled after delivery SLA set by the seller.
All payouts and refunds come standard with the AtaraPay service without API integration except the ability to settle service providers. If seller wants to automatically receive commission and settle service providers such as make payments to professionals in a gig website or sellers in a retail marketplace, then integration to our Service Provider API is required.
Please note the following;
- Seller or Marketplace Operator’s commission shall be settable from minimum of 0% to maximum of 100%
- Additional payout of ₦50 will be charged when making a Service Provider API-based payout. This amount will be deducted from the product amount before payout is made to the parties
- Seller can update their order with any commission value per service provider
- Your marketplace app can be integrated to AtaraPay registering with either the Marketplace Operator or Business Seller role. For details on the differences they offer, click here.
Service Provider API
Service providers refer to providers of service in marketplaces such as retail, gigs, delivery app services, etc. In order to settle the seller and service providers, the seller is required to use the Service Provider APIs to associate each Service Provider to the respective order, enabling automatic payout of product amount and commission to the service provider and seller respectively. Cancellation fee will also be paid out to both parties, if seller sets a delivery SLA.
You can integrate as a Business Seller or Marketplace Operator as earlier mentioned above.
Integrating as a Business Seller
There are basically three endpoints that the seller needs to integrate with;
- Create service Provider
- Delete Service Provider
- Update Order Commission
Integrating as a Marketplace Operator
There is only one endpoint that the seller needs to integrate with;
- Update Order Commission
- Ensure that the authtoken is calculated from the marketplace operator’s API keys
- Ensure the seller is associated to the marketplace operator. This can be done by login into the Marketplace Operator’s dashboard, click on the human icon at the top right corner, navigate to Settings, click Associate Seller and follow the prompt.
- Integrate as a Marketplace Operator only if you are building your website using our payment API. Our plugins do not support integration as a Marketplace Operator only as a Business Seller.